Most of you know me as a trumpet player and band leader, however I support my Jazz habit by being a Doctor of Oriental Medicine. I am a California licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist.
In order to in help people with their health issues in these difficult times, I will be presenting a series of discussions about how you can treat yourself and your family for common health issues using Chinese Herbs.
Before going any further, please allow me to tell you a little about my qualifications.
- I have been in private practice for over twenty-six years.
- I have been a professor of Chinese Medicine for over fifteen years.
- I am past chairman of the Department of Herbology at Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica .
- I am co-author of a textbook on Chinese Medicine called “Zang Fu Syndromes: Differential Diagnosis and Treatment” which is the top book on the subject in the English language and is used by Acupuncture schools, students and practitioners world-wide.
- I am the technical advisor on Chinese Medicine for the TV shows “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Private Practice”.
I am combining my passions for Jazz and Chinese Medicine by making each discussion a social event which will include refreshments followed by Jazz featuring my trio consisting of myself on trumpet, Cengiz Yaltkaya on piano and Mike Flick on bass.
I have decided to call these events: “Ginseng and Jazz”
This month's class will be on Saturday May 29th from 12:30 pm until 3:00 pm. at my house in Burbank . The subject will be: “Chasing the Wind” The Treatment of Colds and Flus at Home Using Chinese Herbs
Seating is limited to thirty-five people and am asking for a $10.00 donation to help cover costs.. There will be hand-outs that you may take home and refer to at your convenience. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in coming and how many friends you would like to bring along. If you cannot make this one, I will repeat it in the future, so let me know if you are interested. Please get back to me by replying to this email or calling me at 818-840-2728. Please also check out my website at www.americandragon.com.
I realize that for many of you, Burbank is just too far away, so I will be more than happy to put these talks on in your area if you think there is enough interest.
Thanks for your time.