|Also Known As:||Fish spine|
- At the midpoint of the eyebrow, directly above the pupil.
- In the center of the eyebrow, in the depression directly above the pupil when the eyes are looking straight forwards.
Note: this point is traditionally located lateral to the supraorbital notch from which the supraorbital nerve emerges.
- Puncture subcutaneously, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Transverse insertion, medially or laterally, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- In the hollow at the middle of the eyebrow, directly above the pupil of the eyes.
- Transverse insertion for supraorbital neuralgia, directed toward either side. It may also be joined to UB-2 Zanzhu or SJ-23 Sizhukong, 0.5 to 1 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness sometimes extending to the eyeball.
- Benefits the eyes
- Relaxes the sinews
- Alleviates pain
- Clears Heat
- Removes obstruction from the channel