POINT: UB-66 (URINARY BLADDER-66)
|English:||Foot Connecting Valley|
|Also Known As:||Connecting Valley of the Foot
Through the Valley
Bursting of the Valley
- On the lateral side of the foot, in the depression anterior and inferior to the fifth metatarsophalangeal joint.
- Anterior to the fifth metatarsophalangeal joint, at the junction of the red and white skin.
- Perpendicular-oblique insertion towards the sole, 0.2 to 0.3 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.2 to 0.3 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable
- Yin-Spring point
- Water point
- Horary point
- Clears the head
- Descends Lung and Stomach Qi
- Clears Heat
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- Eliminates Wind
- The principle function is to clear pathologically ascending Qi from the head.
- It is particularly useful to clear Bladder Heat.