POINT: UB-54 (URINARY BLADDER-54)
|Also Known As:||Order's Frontier
- On the level of the fourth posterior sacral foramen, 3 cun lateral to the median sacral crest.
- Located 3 cun lateral to the midline of the back level with the hiatus of the sacrum.
- On the buttock, in the depression 3 cun lateral to the sacro-coccygeal hiatus.
Note: this point may be located midway between the midline and the lateral edge of the buttock, when the lateral edge is firmly pressed with the palm of the hand.
- 3 cun lateral to the spinous process of the fourth sacral vertebra.
- Puncture perpendicularly 1.5 to 2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 1.5 to 2.5 cun.
- Slanted insertion towards the anus or genitalia 2 to 3 cun.
- Benefits the lumbar region
- Activates the channel
- Regulates urination
- Treats hemorrhoids
- This is an important local point for the treatment of lower back pain radiating to the buttocks and legs.
- This is an indispensable point for the treatment of sciatica.