POINT: UB-51 (URINARY BLADDER-51)
|Also Known As:||Vitals Door|
- Oblique insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: Deep perpendicular needling carries a substantial risk of injuring the Kidney.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Dispels stagnation
- Benefits the breasts
- Regulates the San Jiao
- Ensure the smooth spread of San Jiao Qi to the Heart
- This point is important in connection with the space between the diaphragm and the Heart (Gaohuang). This point regulates the movement of the San Jiao upwards to the diaphragm region, while UB-53 Baohuang regulates the movement of the San Jiao downwards towards the uterus, genitals and urinary system.