POINT: UB-48 (URINARY BLADDER-48)
|English:||Yang's Key Link|
|Also Known As:||Yang's Parameter|
- 3 cun lateral to DU-7 Zhongshu, at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the tenth thoracic vertebra.
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the tenth thoracic vertebra and level with UB-19 Danshu
Note: when the shoulder is relaxed, the 3 cun line corresponds to the medial border of the scapula. .
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Caution: deep perpendicular or deep oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.
- Regulates the Gall Bladder
- Clears Damp-Heat
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao