POINT: UB-46 (URINARY BLADDER-46)
|Also Known As:||Diaphragm's Hinge|
- 3 cun lateral to DU-9 Zhiyang, at the level of lower border of the spinous process of the seventh thoracic vertebra, approximately at the level of the lower border of the scapula.
- 3 cun lateral to lower end of the spinous process of the seventh thoracic vertebra.
- 3 cun lateral to the midline, level with the lower border of the spinous process of the seventh thoracic vertebra and level with UB-17 Geshu.
Note: With the shoulder relaxed, the 3 cun line corresponds with the media border of the scapula.
- Puncture obliquely downward 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Oblique insertio0n, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Caution: Deep perpendicular or deep oblique needling in a medial direction carries a substantial risk of causing a pneumothorax.
- Regulates the diaphragm
- Benefits the Middle Jiao
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- This point has an important action on harmonizing the diaphragm.
- This point is good for harmonizing the mind.