POINT: UB-27 (URINARY BLADDER-27)
|English:||Small Intestine Shu|
|Also Known As:||Small Intestine Back Transporting Point
Small Intestine's Hollow
- 1.5 cun lateral to the DU channel, at the level of the first posterior sacral foramen.
Note: as the inner line of the Bladder channel on the back descends toward the sacrum, it runs closer to the midline; the 1.5 cun measurement in this area will, therefore be relatively shorter.
- Located 1.5 cun lateral to the posterior midline of the back, level with the first posterior sacral foramen UB-31 Shangliao.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion, 1 to 1.5 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness.
- Slanted insertion for arthritis of the sacroiliac joint or peritonitis, 2 to 3 cun. Sensation: distention and soreness extending throughout the sacroiliac joint.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Back Shu point
- Promotes the function of the Small Intestine
- Resolves Dampness
- Clears Heat
- Benefits urination
- Eliminates Damp-Heat from the Lower Jiao
- Drains turbid Dampness
- Separates the pure from the turbid
- Regulates the Intestines and Bladder
- Regulates Small Intestine Qi
Rheumatoid arthritis of the vertebrae
Difficult urination and defecation
Retention of urine
Shan disorder with lumbar pain
- This point stimulates the Small Intestine's function of receiving and separating and can be used in any Small Intestine pattern.
- This point is mainly for Damp-Heat in the Lower Jiao.