POINT: UB-24 (URINARY BLADDER -24)
|English:||Sea of Qi Shu|
|Also Known As:||Lumbar Yang's Hinge
Sea of Qi Hollow
Sea of Qi Back Transporting Point
- 1.5 cun lateral to the lower end of the spinous process of the third lumbar vertebra.
- 1.5 cun lateral to the Du channel at the level of the lower border of the spinous process of the third lumbar vertebra.
Note: locate at the visible highest point of the paraspinal muscles.
- Straight insertion pointed slightly toward the spine, 1.5 to 2 cun. Sensation: distention in the lower back or an electric, numb sensation extending toward the buttocks and lower extremities.
- Caution: Care should be taken not to insert the needle too deeply, or away from the spine, to avoid puncturing the Kidneys.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion id applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Regulates Qi and Blood
- Strengthens the lower back and knees
- Removes obstruction from the channel
- Regulates the Lower Jiao
- This is a frequently used local point for chronic and acute lower back pain.