POINT: UB-14 (URINARY BLADDER-14)
|English:||Jue Yin Shu|
|Also Known As:||Terminal Yin Back Transporting Point
Absolute Yin Hollow
- Located 1.5 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the fourth thoracic vertebra.
Note: located at the visible highest point of the paraspinal muscles.
- Puncture obliquely 0.5 to 0.7 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable
- Oblique insertion towards the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun or
Transverse insertion 1 to 1.5 cun
- Caution: perpendicular needling or oblique needling away from the spine carries a substantial risk of pneumothorax
- Straight insertion, slanted slightly toward the spine, 1 to 1.5 cun
Sensation: local soreness and distention, sometimes extending between the ribs
- Caution: Do not needle to deeply in order to avoid puncturing the Lung
- Transverse insertion, pointed downward along the muscle1 to 2 cun
Sensation: local distention and soreness
Locate at the highest visible point of the paraspinal muscles
- Back Shu Point of the Pericardium
- Spreads Liver Qi
- Unbinds the chest
- Regulates the Heart
- Regulates and descends Qi
- This point is excellent for unbinding the chest by invigorating the Qi.