|English:||Below the Seventeenth Vertebra|
|Also Known As:|
- On the midline of the lower back, in the depression below the spinous process of the fifth lumbar vertebra.
- Perpendicular insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: the spinal canal lies between 1.25 and 1.75 cun deep to the skin surface, varying according to body build.
- Straight insertion, 1.5 to 2 cun. Sensation: local distention and numbness extending to the buttocks, if the insertion is deep, an electric sensation extending down the leg.
- Puncture perpendicularly, 0.8 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Tonifies the Kidneys
- Promotes urination
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the back
- This is one of the most commonly used points for chronic back pain.
- It can be used for both Deficiency and Excess conditions.