POINT: ST-45 (STOMACH-45)
|Also Known As:||Evil's Dissipation
Exchange of Wilderness
- On the dorsal aspect of the second toe, at the junction of the lines drawn along the lateral border of the nail and the base of the nail, approximately 0.1 cun from the corner of the nail.
- About 0.1 cun from the lateral corner of the second toenail.
- On the lateral side of the second to, 0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the nail.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion directed proximally 0.1 to 0.2 cun, or prick to bleed.
- Straight insertion 0.1 to 0.3 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Jing-Well point
- Metal point
- Sedation point
- Clears Heat from the Stomach channel
- Clears Heat
- Calms the Shen
- Restores consciousness
- Brightens the eyes
- Clears the Heart
- Relieves Food Retention
Somnolence with no desire to move the four limbs
Weakness of the legs (moxa all points)
- Forbidden during the sixth month of pregnancy.
- The primary functions of this point are to clear Heat in the Stomach channel and to clear Heat and calm the Shen.
- This is probably the best point for insomnia.
- Use with direct moxa for Heart Fire.