POINT: SJ-9 (SAN JIAO-9)
|Also Known As:||Four Ditch
- With the hand in the supine position, the point can be found 5 cun below the elbow between the ulna and the radius.
- In the depression between the ulna and the radius, on a line
drawn between SJ-4 Yangchi and the lateral epicondyle
of the humerus, 7 cun proximal to SJ-4 Yangchi.
Note: divide the distance between lateral epicondyle of the humerus, 7 cun proximal to SJ-4 Yangchi in half. This point is 1 cun proximal to the midpoint in the depression between the muscle bellies of the extensor digitorum communis and extensor carpi ulnaris.
- On the lateral side of the forearm. 5 cun below the olecranon, between the radius and ulna.
- Straight insertion, 1-2 cun. Sensation: distention and soreness possibly extending to the elbow and hand.
- Perpendicular or oblique proximal or distal insertion toward the elbow or wrist respectively 1 to 2 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Benefits the throat and ears
- This point is specifically for ear disorders.
- Good to acupressure for headaches.
- It is a major point for forearm pain.