POINT: REN-7 (CONCEPTION VESSEL-7)
|Also Known As:||Shandy intersection
- On the midline of the lower abdomen. 1 cun inferior to the umbilicus and 4 cun superior to the pubic symphysis
- Perpendicular insertion 0.8 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Meeting Point of the Ren and Chong vessels the Kidney channel and the Pericardium and San Jiao channels
- Mu Point of the San Jiao in the Lower Jiao
- Regulates menstruation
- Benefits the lower abdomen
- Benefits the genital region
- Nourishes Yin
- Regulates the uterus
- Tonifies the Kidneys Regulates the Lower Jiao
- Clears Deficiency Heat
- Cools Heat in the Blood
- Resolves Dampness
- Resolves Damp-Heat
- Dries Dampness
- Dries Cold-Damp
- Use needling and moxibustion with caution during pregnancy.
- This points main function is to nourish Yin and regulate the uterus.
- It is frequently used in women during menopause to nourish Blood and Yin.
- It stimulates the testes and all sex hormones.
- It is the most potent point on the body for male impotence.