POINT: REN-10 (CONCEPTION VESSEL-10)
|Also Known As:||Xiaguan
Lower Stomach Cavity
- On the midline of the abdomen, 2 cun above the umbilicus and 6 cun below the sternocostal angle.
- Perpendicular insertion, 0.8 to 1.5 Cun.
- Caution: in thin patients, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1.2 Cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 Cun.
- Meeting Point of the REN channel with the Spleen channel
- Harmonizes the Stomach
- Regulates Qi
- Dispels Food Stagnation
- Promotes the descending of Stomach Qi
- Tonifies the Spleen
- Regulates the Spleen and Stomach
- Transforms Dampness
- Transforms Damp-Heat
- Moxibustion is contraindicated during pregnancy.
- This is the main point to use when food and drink are not digested and regurgitated after ingestion.
- This point is used to treat mental indigestion, when the mind cannot absorb mental food.
- This is a useful point that combines a tonifying action on the Spleen and Stomach with a moving action on Stomach Qi.
- This point controls the lower epigastrium including the pylorus and duodenum.
- It treats the adrenals and pituitary gland.