POINT: LI-8 (LARGE INTESTINE-8)
|Also Known As:||Lower Side
- On the radial side of the forearm, 4 cun distal to LI-11 Quchi, on the line connecting LI-11 Quchi with LI-5 Yangxi.
Note: locate with the elbow flexed and the radial side of the arm upwards. Divide the distance between LI-11 Quchi with LI-5 Yangxi into thirds. LI-8 Xialian is located at the junction of the proximal and middle thirds.
- On the line joining LI-11 Quchi with LI-5 Yangxi, 4 cun below the cubital crease.
- 4 cun below LI-11 Quchi on the forearm.
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1 to 2 cun.
- Harmonizes the Small Intestine
- Expels Wind
- Clears Heat
- Clears Yang Ming Fire
- Calms the Shen