POINT: KI-25 (KIDNEY -25)
|Also Known As:||Mind Storage
Guard of the Heart
- 2 cun lateral to REN-19 Zigong, in the second intercostal space.
- In the second intercostal space, 2 cun lateral to the midline.
- Slanted insertion 0.5-0.8 cun.
Caution: Avoid deep insertion.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3-0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Transverse-oblique insertion directed laterally along the intercostal space 0.5-1 cun.
- Tonifies the Kidneys
- Calms the Mind
- Unbinds the chest
- Descends rebellious Lung and Stomach Qi
- This is a good emotional point, especially on the left side.
- It is a good point for nourishing the Spirit.