POINT: GB-9 (GALL BLADDER-9)
|Also Known As:||Penetrating Heaven
- Above the ear, in the depression0.5 cun posterior to GB-8 Shuaigu.
- Directly above the posterior auricle, 2 cun within the hairline, about 2 cun posterior to GB-8 Shuaigu.
- Transverse insertion, 0.5-1.5 cun.
Note: This point may be needled in any direction. Direction depends on the symptomology. Direct the needle towards the point of pain, or join to other head points.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3-0.5 cun.
- Slanted insertion 0.5-1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable
- Reunion point with the Urinary Bladder channel.
- Clears Gall Bladder channel heat
- Calms the Shen
- Pacifies fright
- Subdues rising Qi
- Eliminates Interior Wind
- Calms spasms
- It is thought that this point may be one of the original Window of the Sky Points.
- This point is frequently used for migraine headaches on the side of the head due to Liver Fire, Liver Yang Rising or Liver Wind.
- It is also used for ear problems extending to the side of the head, along the Gall Bladder channel.
- It is also used for disturbance of will power, lack of motivation and speech disturbances.