POINT: GB-22 (GALL BLADDER-22)
|Also Known As:||Gulf's Fluids|
- On the mid-axillary line, when the arm is raised, 3 cun below the axilla in the fourth intercostal space.
- On the mid-axillary line, in the fifth intercostal space, approximately 3 cun inferior to the apex of the axilla, at the level of the nipple.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Transverse-oblique insertion along the intercostal space 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep or perpendicular needling may induce a pneumothorax.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Regulates the Qi
- Unbinds the chest
- Benefits the axilla
- Several classical texts prohibit moxibustion on this point.
- Some sources locate this point in the fourth intercostal space.