|Also Known As:||Stopping Asthma
- 0.5 to 1 cun lateral to the depression below the spinous process of the seventh cervical vertebra (DU-14 Dazhui)
- 0.5 cun lateral to DU-14 Dazhui
- 0.5 cun lateral to the lower border of the spinous process of the seventh cervical vertebra
- Perpendicular-oblique insertion towards the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion, pointed slightly toward the spine, 0.5 to 1 cun. Sensation: local distention and soreness, sometimes extending to the shoulders or chest
- Calms dyspnea and wheezing
- Stops cough
- Expels Exterior Wind
- Calms asthma
- Diffuses Lung Qi
- This is a modern addition to the Extra Points.
- It is one of the primary points to treat asthma, dyspnea and acute wheezing.