POINT:DU-27 (GOVERNING VESSEL-27)
|English:||Extremity of the Mouth|
|Also Known As:||Exchange Terminus|
- At the lower tip of the philtrum
- On the midline, at the junction of the margin of the upper lip and the philtrum.
- On the labial tubercle of the upper lip, on the vermilion border, between the philtrum and the upper lip.
- Slanted insertion, 0.2 to 0.3 cun.
- Oblique insertion directed superiorly, 0.2 to 0.3 cun.
- Clears Heat
- Generates Fluids
- Benefits the mouth
- Calms the Shen
- This point is used as first aid for toothache and oral thrush.